Head of Engineering
SmartVizX is India‚Äôs leading Virtual Reality (‚ÄúVR‚ÄĚ) startup company that is developing an exciting VR platform, Trezi (https://trezi.com), for the architecture, engineering & construction industry. We are looking to hire a Head of Engineering to lead our team of VR, web, cloud and database developers based in Bangalore who are working on building Trezi. As the Head of Engineering in the early stages of our product journey, you will have a unique opportunity to shape how Trezi gets built.
- Engineering/Product Development
- Lead the software development of our next generation Virtual Reality/immersive technology based design collaboration product and its evolution to a platform for the architecture, engineering & construction industry
- Analyze technology, market and customer demand, and plan and assess the feasibility of product capabilities and features
- Create and own reliable and practical development plans and communicate those to all stakeholders for every stage of the Agile software development process
- Manage the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology. Play the role of scrum master by organizing and facilitating daily scrum/stand-up meetings, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- Prioritize the workload of the engineering team to deliver product versions in a timely & efficient manner
- Work closely with Product Owner to keep the product backlog in good shape and ready for subsequent sprints
- Ensure that product and department milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved budgets
- Manage direct, and evaluate the work & performance of the software engineering product team and every developer in the team
- Recruit employees; assign and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
Qualifications & Skills:
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design – B. Tech/M. Tech in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communicator who enjoys collaborating with other teams
- Creative, motivated, focused, results-oriented
- Ability to explore and understand different software frameworks and guiding the team to adopt to new technologies
- At least 10+ years of experience, with 5+ years of leadership of a software product development team using Agile methodologies – preferably in a startup environment
- Software architecture design experience with good object oriented design and programming experience
- Experience in ideally one of the following areas:
- Game development using Unity 3D/Unreal Engine/other game engine
- 3D Graphics development (e.g. OpenGL/DirectX)
- Virtual Reality application development
- Architectural design and visualization using CAD, 3D modeling and BIM tools like Revit, Sketchup, 3ds Max, Maya, AutoCad
- Experience in running sprints and playing the role of a scrum master.
- Experience with web technologies & cloud applications
Why Work At SmartVizX
- Get a chance to work at the hottest immersive technology startup of India
- Join our team early to significantly impact not only the way the platform is architected and built, but also the future success of the company
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on a cool and unique solution that will change the way the Architectural/Design/Building Industry works
- Get a great exposure to the latest innovations in Virtual Reality and other immersive technologies
About The Company
SmartVizX (https://trezi.com) aims to transform traditional passive and static design methodologies by developing a Virtual Reality product, Trezi, that enables design visualization, interaction, communication and collaboration in an intuitive and immersive environment.
SmartVizX has been named the ‘Virtual Reality Provider of the Year‘ for two years in a row (2017, 2018) by Frost & Sullivan India for their India ICT Awards. The company has also featured in the Top 3 ‚ÄúStartup of the Future‚ÄĚ by NDTV Unicorn Awards (2016) and was a winner of the 2016 Red Herring Asia Top 100.
The application of our solution will have an initial focus on the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) and Building industry, where we are already seeing significant interest and traction from architects, designers, building product manufacturers & owners.
Trezi will transforms workplace design by enabling data visualization & aggregation, and collaboration through use of immersive Virtual Reality. It will bridge the gap that exists today between what customers/owners and operators of office spaces believe they are paying for and what they actually get, through improved collaboration, thereby minimizing waste and improving turnaround times.